Microchip has designed the PIC32MZ EF family, which offers fast audio processing and streaming and operates up to 85°C temperature range.
Microchip Technology has released the 32-bit PIC32MZ EF microcontrollers operates at -40°C to 85°C temperature range and 250MHz/795 CoreMark speed currently required by high-definition audio applications.
The expanded temperature and speed allow PIC32MZ EF devices to cater to demand by high-resolution audio application requiring fast audio processing and streaming.
The PIC32MZ includes an integrated Floating-Point Unit (FPU) as well as a wide range of peripheral and connectivity options like the Controller Area Network (CAN).
The PIC32MZ EF devices come supported with Microchip's MPLAB Harmony Integrated Software Framework, MPLAB X Integrated Development Environment (IDE), MPLAB XC32 Compiler for PIC32, MPLAB ICD 3 In-Circuit Debugger, and MPLAB REAL ICE in-circuit emulation system.
The PIC32MZ EF microcontrollers are available in TQFP, QFN, VTLA, and LQFP package options and are priced from $6. The company is also offering additional tools including:
- PIC32MZ Embedded Connectivity with Floating Point Unit (EF) Starter Kit (DM320007), complete turnkey kit at $119
- PIC32MZ EF Starter Kit with Crypto Engine (DM320007-C), complete turnkey kit at $119
- PIC32MZ2048EF PIM (MA320018), Explorer 16 plug-in module at $25.00
- PIC32MZ2048EF 144 PIM (MA320019), PIM for Bluetooth audio development kit at $25
- Curiosity PIC32MZ EF Development Board (DM320104) at $47.99