Micrium's µC/OS RTOS runtime components and MicroEJ OS allow device manufacturers to deliver embedded software that offers a richer user experience.
MicroEJ and Micrium Software have integrated the MicroEJ OS application platform and µC/OS real-time operating system (RTOS), with a goal of offering a mixed C and Java language programming environment to software developers for embedded microcontrollers and microprocessors.
The combined solution of Micrium's µC/OS RTOS runtime components and MicroEJ OS allows device manufacturers to deliver embedded software that offers a richer user experience. MicroEJ and Micrium Software, both part of Silicon Labs' portfolio, support a wide range of microcontroller architectures and evaluation kits, making this solution portable across all hardware configurations.
Combining Micrium and MicroEJ solutions for developing and deploying software for IoT and embedded devices enables:
- Support for a diversity of cost-effective and low-power hardware
- Reliable and optimised low-level software runtime that makes the most of available hardware services and allows connection to a variety of networks
- Delivery of a software platform to a large community of programmers that allows portable application development
- Connectivity to IoT cloud platforms for deployment of cloud-based services and big data analytics
- Dynamic app download that allows flexible software content management and the creation of ecosystems around online stores