The new compact PW-82336 3-phase motor drive hybrid utilises a high-efficiency, radiation tolerant MOSFET output stage with 100 VDC rating to deliver 5A continuous current to the motor.
Data Device Corporation (DDC) has introduced a new high-reliability, 3-phase radiation tolerant motor drive, providing 100k Rad Total Dose protection, and advanced circuit and logic protection to ensure fail-safe operation.
The new compact PW-82336 3-phase motor drive hybrid utilises a high-efficiency, radiation tolerant MOSFET output stage with 100 VDC rating to deliver 5A continuous current (10A peak current) to the motor. It has a flexible I/O allowing for common design to be used across multiple application platforms with individual bridge returns and standard logic level inputs to facilitate design implementation.
Other benefits include:
- Eliminates shoot-through conditions with high and low-side input logic signals XOR's in each phase to prevent simultaneous turn on of in-line transistors
- Internal logic controls (from +5 to +15V) for the high and low-side gate drivers for each phase
- Constant output performance for switching frequencies from DC to 50kHz provided by the internal charge pump circuitry
- 100VDC rating with 5A continuous, 10A peak current capability
- 100k Rad Total Dose (Si)
- Small size: 66mm x 35.6mm x 6.35mm (2.6in x 1.4in x 0.25in)
“Packaged in a small case with internal logic for optimised performance, this high-reliability motor drive is an excellent choice for servo-amplifiers and speed controls in high performance space, aerospace and military applications,” said Vincent Giardini, DDC product line director, Motor Control Solutions.